Thursday, January 30, 2014
Tuesday, January 28, 2014
I'm really not happy with the lettering, I'd have rather left it off entirely, but it still suits me really well. I used some basic sand paper to try to smooth the surface a bit, but my impatience left long streaks in the case from being sanded unevenly. You can only really see them if you really inspect the case though. I used basic, cheap acrylic paint which adhered to the case surprisingly well. The cases started out white, so I didn't waste time on adding any primer, however I think it would have come out better if I had. Next time I suppose. I was also deeply inspired by Alissa Burke's general art techniques and used various mediums and applications to make the designs as unique as I could. Although I may have went just a tad bit overboard with them. LoL! I also added a sealer over the top to keep the paint from chipping or scraping off, which I ended up doing during the creation when I tried writing on it with one of my glitter pens. As far as it holding up to wear and tear, I've yet to try it out. But for a dollar, it's already outlived my expectations for it. So there you have it, my own unique custom Iphone case. Thanks for stopping by! See you next crafting time!