Saturday, September 8, 2007

National Grandparents Day

Well, this weekend is National Grandparents' day, so I figured I would post the only thing I have close to a grandparent drawing. This is definately not a final piece I would use, but I have always liked it because I had done things with it that I never had tried with any other picture. One was the Santa Clause. He is one of my favorite parts of this picture and one of the best parts of it I think. Another thing I had never done before this picture was snow. Or at least I hadn't drawn snow that had a frozen pond in the middle of it. It's kind of hard to see the frozen pond behind the shoppers, but I was so proud of this pic at the time, until I got it reviewed and saw that it wasn't as good as I thought. Still, I like it and think it's helped me learn more about art and how I can fix it. And while it may be a Christmas theme, I think it is a good fit for National Grandparents Day.
This picture actually has a story to go with it. The Santa all dressed up is just a man dressed as Santa, which the little girl is all excited to see. But if she would only turn around, she would see the REAL Santa and even his wife, Mrs. Clause. (For some reason, no one's ever known her name....)

No comments:

Post a Comment