Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Copyrights and laws

All right, this has been in the back of my mind ever since I've started my blog, and even my friends and family have asked me about it, but as far as I know, I've done everything I can to protect my work. But, after reading this post/article from another illustrator/artist, I thought I would post the link so you guys can read it for yourself, as well as the comments. Plus, when I looked at my stats the other day, I saw that someone had visited my website by searching for "steal facebook graffiti". This bothered me and after seeing the post, it bothers me even more as I think about it. I already try to put my name on almost all of my work, yet I know sometimes a piece or two, or three or four, might get past me without my signature. Yet, even signatures can be cropped out or smudged over. But I have all the originals, so I have proof I created my work, whereas anyone who steals it won't. But just in case, please remember that all artwork and writings belong to the maker, and you shouldn't use it without their permission. Other than that, I hope you enjoy my work and I hope it inspires you like other artists' have me. It's one thing to be inspired by someone's work, but it's an entirely different thing to steal it and say it is your own. So be sure that your work is protected!

Just a reminder: All artwork is Copyright Mindy Lou Hagan © 2007 - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment