Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Process

I love it when illustrators and artists show their process of what they start out with to their finished product, so I thought I would share one of mine. Okay, first here's a rough sketch I did.


And here's the drawing I did in pen and ink that looks a little bit better. :)





And here's the final piece I have ended up with so far.

I colored the picture in with watercolors, and I LOVE the bright colors, but I need to make the girl with the flashlight's shirt a little bit darker since it's blending in with the 'monster' behind her. Still, I think it turned out better than I planned. I'm not sure if it's because I put more time and detail into it or because the watercolors are working out better than my other mediums. I'll have to do some more pictures before I know for sure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment