Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New years blog resolutions

It's time to ring in the new year. And what better way is there to do that then to have a list of resolutions? The only problem is, I'm bad at following resolutions. I don't know if it's my procrastinating nature or what, but I thought that maybe if I apply my resolutions to my blog instead, it will help me achieve them, as well as helping to get me more organized and more creative with my art. So, here are my goals this year for my blog:

1.) Don't over post. I seem to have a tendency to post three or four pictures on one post, which really isn't a great thing for me to do, as it means I usually have nothing to post later on days when I'm not feeling too creative. So, I need to limit my posts to one or two pictures at most, depending on what I'm posting of course.

2.) Update and organize my blog. Although it may not look very messy, my blog really isn't very organized. I'd like to group my links into their appropriate groups, as well as have them alphebetized, which I don't think mine are at the moment. I'm also behind on my quotes of the week as well as my regular posts.

3.) Post more regularly. With the holidays and new year, it's been so busy that I haven't had time to create anything, much less post anything. So, this year I plan to create more and post more often, even if it's just an interesting sketch or if I've just gotten a new box of pencils. :)

4.) Create something as often as I can. I would say that I will try to create something every day, but I know that's just not possible for me. I'm creative, but I'm not always that creative. I don't always have ideas and sometimes the ideas I have are not very good ones, so they don't always pan out into anything, so I am not going to try to force myself to make something when I don't fell like it. Then art won't be fun anymore. :)

5.) Try to create something art related each week with my neices and nephews. On my other blog, I've tried to create something as often as I can with the kids in my life, but that's not always easy to do, especially when they're young and have dramatically varying interests. But, with the new year, I would like to create more with them and let them see how fun it is to be an artist. I just wish I had had someone in my life who would have done something like that with me.

6.) Just have fun! I think this is the most important goal of all. I really want to be an artist, but I don't want art to become a chore or something I no longer like to do. So, while I continue to try and get my art out into the world, I need to remember to keep it fun. Even if it does become a real job for me, creating art can still be fun. :)

So, has anyone else gotten their list of resolutions written out? Got anything interesting planned on achieving this year? Just leave a comment or link below and let us all know what you've got planned this year! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment