Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Do you see what I see?


I have a question for you. What do you see when you look at this piece I created?
I see the beginning face of a robot. Minus the eyes, nose, and other gadgets a robot would have on his head, of course. It probably just looks like a blog of watercolor paints swirled around together to most people. Or perhaps you see a pool with fishes swimming around inside. Or something completely different. Hopefully once I tweak it and work with it in Adobe, everyone else will see what I see. But this makes me wonder, does anyone else 'see' pictures and art in the world around them? For example, do you see a plain old tree, or a giant piece of brocoli yet to be made? Does that hill look like a mound of dirt or a dragon laying down, growling at the tiny people living on his back?
Maybe it's an artist thing or maybe I'm just going loony from all the paint fumes, but this is how I've begun to see things around me. Ideas just seem to pop up out of nowhere sometimes, which sparks a vision for a new illustration or artwork.
Is this something that all artists do or just children's artists? Is it something everyone does in their every day lives? Who knows. But if you've got any stories or pictures to share where you've 'seen' some new artwork or it sparked a new idea, then I'd love to hear from you. I would love to do a post of some pictures of what someone 'sees' and what they created from that. If you'd like to share anything to do with art, you can email me at mindylouhagan at yahoo dot com, or just leave a comment. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment