Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Am I going green?

It seems all you hear about anymore is 'going green', as in people recycling and doing things to help the planet. Rather unintentionally, it seems I've sort of started doing that myself. I've started to take things that you normally would throw away once they're broken (such as light bulbs and batteries) and started making art out of them. I haven't actually made anything out of the batteries yet, but I'm still working on it. However, I have made several things out of the old light bulbs I had. Here's one thing I made out of them this past weekend.

It's light bulb bling! :D
(It looks much better in person. Pictures don't exactly do it justice.)

Basically I just took an old, burned out light bulb, hot glued an empty scotch tape holder to the bottom (Just the part in the middle of the tape) and hot glued some old beads and buttons and other decorations on to it. My neice absolutely loved it, so I'll probably end up giving it to her to set up in her room once I make sure it's somewhere so that her or her brothers can't get to it and break it. :) And obviously I couldn't leave my nephews out, so I made one of them a spaceship out of an old lightbulb, but I'm afraid you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see it. ;) I still have to make something else for my other nephew, so be sure to keep checking back to find out what his gift will be. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment