Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Ponies and pastels

I always have the hardest time getting back into drawing if I skip a few days. :/ Even if I draw by hand, digital drawing just eludes me if I don't draw with it everyday. Even if I have twenty ideas, my mind just goes blank looking at that white screen. :/ So I normally fall back to drawing random ponies when that happens. And I ended up creating this little pony. I suppose her name is Galaxy? I tried playing with another brush, that I really need to use on a project, so it was great practice for that at least. :)

Here's the same pony with a small scene of her own. I need to draw more backgrounds. :p I don't care for my trees at all, but I like the rest. Although I had to darken the pony a bit so she wouldn't blend in so much with the background.

It is winter here. Nasty, cold, leafless winter and I absolutely can not wait until spring. And I've seen so many pastel colored arts lately, that it makes me think of Easter and flowers and all things beautiful, so I decided to sketch some pastel colored things myself to work on my coloring a bit. It's one of the first times I've actually drawn something in a way that I like. And I actually picked the colors myself rather then using a reference or pre-created color scheme like I normally would. Hopefully that means my artistic talents are getting better. ;D

No comments:

Post a Comment