Thursday, June 27, 2013


 I decided to try re-sketching this in new colors and to keep a normal, bland style and theme this time. A storm knocked out our electricity for a bit, so I didn't get very far. But I like the way this one looks. This is still very rough, but you can see bits of my work process. I did this one free hand over my sketch, where as I used line segments and anchors for my line work before. The lines would obviously be cleaned up up on this, but I think the free hand makes the piece less stiff then the other. I also added in a little hat to the pensive worm on the orange.

I still have trouble creating a character in multiple positions, so the blue elephant looks a bit different to me then the first, but this was what I had in mind for an accompanying picture to the blue elephant on the left. A few people had mentioned this would make a good 'missing you' card. I'm not sure the sentiment works on the second part, but I thought I would share it with you all none the less.

No comments:

Post a Comment