Sunday, June 22, 2008

My first homemade gift...kind of


This is my very first homemade gift that I'm giving away to someone outside of my family. I'm not exactly 100% finished with it, since I need to seal the back of the picture, but other than that, I think it's ready to go. It's for a friend whose daughter just had a baby. As you can tell from the picture, his name is Alexander. However, his nickname is going to be Zander. His grandmother wasn't sure though that everyone would understand how they got that name from the other, so I did my own little take on how they could tell. And of course, I decided to put my 'wanna-be-children's-illustrator' twist on it and make it a picture that also says "From A to Z", too. :) So, Here's the final outcome:


Do you see the Apple and Zebra to go along with the theme as well? :) I can't wait to give it to them. I've been working on it for a long while now, just to get it right. It's even got a 3-d like quality, too, because I made the eyelashes stick out by cutting a bunch of little slits on a piece of paper and pulling them out. I really enjoyed making this piece. I really hope the couple likes it. :) Oh, it's made by cut paper by the way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment